Monday, April 13, 2009

PS I love you

finally i have just finished reading my 'PS I Love you' this morning, after err....like 2 months? haha, well i need to explain this, i didn't have time to read the books (lame excuse i know, but it's true!), and i read it like 2 days of reading it, paused and rest for 1 whole damn week, so my reading progress is rather slow. and applause to myself, i did something meaningful during my break time when i was working on the weekends. I ACTUALLY READ BOOKS, instead of just eating and do window shopping. so quite productive eh?

anyway, cut the crap. i really wana recommend this book, even i think most of u have read it before. but this is really an awesome novel! it's not so teen romance that i used to read (like twilight?), but it's more practical and realistic, that can really touch our hearts as all the things mentioned in the book can always happen on us or people around us.

the story is about how Holly got herself through the year after griefing for her husband, Gerry's death, with the help of her friends and family, of coz Gerry's note, which he had left it to guide Holly to live on without him. Gerry died because of brain tumor, and the last month of his life, he had planned everything and written down a list for Holly to encourage her for better life in the future. it was quite touching as when Gerry used his trembling hands to write all the notes, tried to endure the pain after the radiotherapy and the weak body. he wrote the notes and Holly had to open each envelope every month, for his guidance and spiritual accompany. he planned vacation for her and her friends, forced her to get out of bed, remind her to do whatever she'd always forgotten and also, asked her to move on for someone else she loves in the future. this is the most memorable note to me, coz it's his last note for her. despite of physical agony, he has to force himself to encourage her to move on without him, beneath his fear of losing Holly. FEAR OF LOSING. it's a very strong feeling that caused me to gulp and form a lump in my throat. it's just too...how to say? SAD. i couldn't think of any better terms.

quoted from PS I love you:
Don't be afraid to fall in love again.
Open your heart and follow where it leads you...
and remember, shoot for the moon...
PS: i will always love you...
- Gerry's last note -

so grab the book and read it! though i didn't cry, doesn't mean that you won't!
but please don watch the movie. the movie sucks wei, lose connection of the original storyline. the only thing that please me is the actor who play as Gerry is HOT!!!

the movie...
i like this cover, but i couldn't find it! sob...

i had never felt like this before.
i could not pay attention in anything.
i lost in my own thoughts.
i felt afraid.
my heart dropped as if it wasn't mine.
a chill went down my spine.
i got stroke by a strong feeling,
named 'AFRAID' this afternoon.
not the pre-exam-panic, entirely different feeling.
i shall assume it is the FEAR OF LOSING.
it was terribly awful...

luckily letty they all cheered my up, laughed and talked, stress free moment.

I REALLY NEED TO STUDY MAN! WHY AM I STILL BLOGGING????!!!!

No comments: