Tuesday, March 30, 2010

relationships

just saw this quote from Jasmine's blog, that i find it meaningful.

Sometimes, I just feel that we should never put expectation in any relationship. When you expect too much out of a relationship, you may be hurt when the standards set are not met.

indeed. when we are settled down for a new identity, we will set up new standards for our partners. like what should they do. how should they behave. in a way, there is molding process, by molding the partners into some ideal person that u always want them to be.

when standards have not been met, we blame each other. we feel resentful. well, it may not apply to all of us. but it does apply to me.


as a bf, i want you to this and that
as a bf, you should behave like this and that
as a bf, you shouldn't do this and that to me


ain't that sound familiar?


i find that adhering to those rules set by myself is not as easy as it seem. every single person in this world is unique. nobody can force u to change anything. even the power of love. so to say.

day and day, i torture myself in the bubbles i made, grumbling to myself that what standards he had not met and how upset i was.

and frankly speaking. i'm tired of following the standards already.

so, i decided to set myself free. free from any expectations. free from any standards i made for myself and for him.


i truly hope things work out between us.

saw this interesting line as well: in 5 years time, will all these problems matter?


well, i don't think so. and i figure out, why bother much? just enjoy life!

No comments: